4 Persons Killed in Cross River As Cult War Resumes
Eyewitnesses said the dispute began with the killing of one person at Ekpri Ikang on Thursday and raged until Saturday night.
One individual was killed on Thursday, one on Friday and two on Saturday, according to a Bakassi resident who gave her name as Etido.
“I don’t know the specific groups involved in the war, but because of one group chasing members of the other group, I can tell you that we have been experiencing regular gunshots and people running helter-skelter.”
She said the killings on Friday and Saturday seemed to be a reprisal by members for the warring groups’ killing of their members.
She said a lot of people were remaining indoors in the Bakassi to avoid being trapped by strange fires.
“We are at a loss and most of us don’t even know what the cause of the fight is, and we have decided to stay indoors to avoid being caught in the midst of violence.”
The spokesman for the Cross River Police Command, Ms Irene Ugbo, said she is still to be briefed while the chairman of the council did not select calls on his gsm line.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line