A customer shot a waiter dead at an eatery on the outskirts of Paris, in France, apparently enraged at being made to wait for a sandwich, a source close to the investigation said Saturday (Ayug 17).
The waiter’s colleagues called police after he was shot in the shoulder with a handgun in the Noisy-le-Grand suburb east of Paris on Friday night, the source said.
Attempts to revive the 28-year-old failed and he died at the scene.
The gunman, who a witness said lost his temper “as his sandwich wasn’t prepared quickly enough”, fled the scene.
Police told AFP a murder investigation has been opened.
With the shooter still on the run Saturday, shocked residents gathered outside the pizza and sandwich eatery.
“He was killed for a sandwich?” one asked, unbelievingly. It is sad,” said a 29-year-old woman. “It’s a quiet restaurant, without any problems. It just opened a few months ago.”
But others noted high crime levels in the area, notably drug-dealing and public drunkenness. (ChannelNewsAsia)
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line