The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on Monday in Abuja, inaugurated three committees entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the smooth take-off of proceedings in the House.
The committees, constituted on June 13, are the Selection Committee headed by the Speaker, and ad-hoc committees on Welfare and Media chaired by Wale Raji (APC-Lagos) and Khadijat Abbah-Ibrahim (APC-Yobe), respectively.
The welfare committee is expected to allocate offices and make sitting arraignments for members while the ad hoc committee on media will interface with the public on behalf of the house.
The selection committee will decide on selections of members and chairmen of standing committees of the house.
Gbajabiamila said that though the tasks were enormous, the committees were expected to discharge their duties within the next seven days.
The speaker said that he and the Deputy Speaker, Idris Wase would go round to inspect the work done three days to the resumption of the House on July 2.
Responding, Rep. Henry Archibong (PDP-Akwa Ibom), a member of the welfare committee, promised that they would deliver on the mandate given to them.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company