HOW INEC CAN TACKLE VOTE BUYING DURING GENERAL ELECTIONS – SARAKI
The Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, has actually helpful steps to soak up addressing the issue of politicians allegedly plotting to buy Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) throughout the primary elections.
He recommended the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, to immediately identify a gathering of stakeholders throughout the coming polls.
Senator Saraki gave the advice on Thursday in an announcement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu.
The meeting, he well-known, must be convened with the one actual intention of formulating plans and ideas on learn to render ineffective the intention of the purported politicians with intention of buying PVCs.
“We have continued to maintain that manipulation of election results does not start and end on Election Day,” the Senate President was quoted as saying throughout the assertion.
“It starts long before the day and goes on even after the declaration of results.”
He added, “That is why we have to continually be vigilant and once we identify any threat to free, fair and transparent conduct of a credible election like the INEC chairman has done, all stakeholders must put heads together to block the loopholes.”
Saraki who condemned the plot to purchase PVCs as alleged urged the INEC boss to not stop at elevating the alarm.
He, nonetheless, requested Professor Yakubu to immediately devise a water-tight affiliation to make futile the efforts of such unscrupulous politicians.
The lawmakers decried that the occasion constitutes a major threat to the worthwhile conduct of the 2019 Polls, because it might truly grow to be the one problem to resolve the place victory swings throughout the election.
“All stakeholders must come up fast with a solution to render useless the antics of those who intend to procure voter’s cards,” he maintained.
“We all need to put our heads together and I am sure that such a stakeholders’ meeting will not only nip in the bud the looming danger, it will also engender general confidence in the system and create a system in which all stakeholders become problem solvers.”
Senator Saraki talked about that throughout the subsequent six weeks, earlier the first set of elections and immediately after the elections, it was important for INEC to plot an affiliation by which it’d constantly search the recommendation of with stakeholders to determine factors affecting the strategy and learn to uncover joint choices to them.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on