A former leader of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and former ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, Buba Galadima, yesterday described the Supreme Court verdict, which declared Hope Uzodinma Imo State governor-elect as the greatest wonder in world history.
He said: “What has happened is that the Supreme Court has now tied itself because how can they do that to Emeke Ihedioha and refuse Abba Kabiru Yusuf in Kano? It was exactly what had happened in Kano.
“If an election had to be cancelled, it has to be at the polling unit level according to the Supreme Court. But in Kano, the votes were not cancelled at the polling unit; they were not cancelled at the ward level but they were cancelled at the local level. So, it goes without saying that Ganduje is gone, and anything to the contrary, Nigeria will see the fire.”
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) meanwhile presented its Certificate of Return to Uzodinma yesterday.
INEC National Commissioner in charge of Rivers, Bayelsa and Edo, May Agbamuche-Mbu, presented the certificate during a short ceremony at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja.
Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman Rotimi Oyekanmi had told journalists earlier that the electoral umpire would comply with the Supreme Court ruling that sacked the former governor, Emeka Ihedioha, once it received the order.
Late Tuesday, the apex court, in a unanimous judgment by a seven-man panel of justices led by Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Tanko Muhammad, had held that Ihedioha, who contested on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was not duly elected.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution