Two Huawei employees who despatched a message from the Chinese telecom company’s Twitter account using an iPhone machine have been punished, a memo says.
The tweet, posted on New Year’s Day, wished followers a “Happy 2019” whereas displaying “via Twitter for iPhone”.
Chinese companies have been making an attempt to steer employees in the direction of Huawei merchandise and away from US rival Apple.
Last yr, Huawei overtook Apple throughout the number of handsets shipped worldwide, making it second solely to Samsung.
On Friday, a report by Reuters info firm – citing an interior agency memo – said that the Huawei workers involved throughout the Twitter blunder had been demoted and will be receiving decreased salaries.
The new yr message was shortly far from Huawei’s official Twitter feed nevertheless was shared by clients of the social media web site.
- #EndSARS: JUST IN! Niger Delta Militant Endorses Protest, Vow To Resume Attack If…
- BREAKING!! Lagos Govt Declares 24-Hour Curfew Over #Endsars Protest
- BREAKING!! #EndSARS: Soldiers and Police Take Over Communities Near Abuja Airport
- #ENDSARS: Resign Now, Protesting Youths In Ondo Tell Buhari
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Youths Have Spoken, But We Need Time — Buhari