Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has explained that he congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari after the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal confirmed his election because it is better to offer public congratulations than visit the President at night.
Wike stated this on Thursday at the funeral service in honour of Late Madam Blessing Awuse, Mother of Onha Sergent Chidi Awuse, at St Luke’s Anglican Church, Emohua.
Governor Wike said that unlike some Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who visit President Muhammadu Buhari at night, he made his declaration public because it came from his heart.
“I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?
He is not my friend, but he won in court, should I say that the court did wrong, no.
“President Buhari, congratulations and carry Nigerians along. Unify the country, the country is too divided. I am saying what is right. What I will do, I will do, what I will not do, I will not do,” he said.
Governor Wike said politics is a game of interest, noting that Rivers people in the All Progressives Congress are under obligation to attract Federal benefits to the state.
“Since 2015, NDDC has not had its governing board, but nobody protested. I will not be dragged into such protests,” he said.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution