I AM NOT BUHARI’S RELATION – AMINA ZAKARI SPEAKS
The newly appointed head of election collation centre for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the 2019 elections, Mrs. Amina Zakari has denied having a consanguinity relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Her appointment has generated myriads of criticisms and arguments from opposition’s political occasions, Nigerians and Presidency.
Zakari is a princess of Jigawa State. She was born on June 23, 1960 to the late Emir of Kazaure, Hussaini Adamu.
She achieved her elementary education at Shekara Girls Primary School, Kano in 1971 and had her secondary education at Queens College, Lagos.
Amina Bala Zakari was the earlier Acting Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
Her appointment took impression from the directive of the President Muhammadu Buhari following the expiration of the tenure of her predecessor, Attahiru Jega on July 30, 2015.
However, since her appointment, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has delved into captious publications, insisting that she has a blood relationship with Buhari.
Presidency yesterday refuted the allegation and well-known that Buhari and Zakari do not share a family relationship. In an announcement disclosed by the Senior Special Assistant to Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Presidency averred that “An inter-marriage occurred in their extended families, so the imputation of blood relationship between the President and the electoral commissioner is a simple lie”.
Suffixing on Presidency postulations, Zakari in an interview with BBC News Igbo distanced herself from the niggling allegation that she is bloodily related to Buhari.
Her phrases, “I am not his niece, I am not his cousin. I was appointed on this same particular job by Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan in 2010. Prior to that I was appointed an A.S to former president Olusegun Obasanjo, and I did my job perfectly”.
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Cyber Criminals: Saraki Fires Back At APC
- INTERVIEW: Things Worse For The North Now, Buhari Has Failed Us ― Shariff
- Drama As Hope Uzodinma, Yahaya Bello Campaign Against Obaseki Despite Owing Salaries
- Buhari And His Party, APC Overburdening Poor Nigerians With Taxes — PDP Cries Out
- BREAKING!! Edo APC And National Caretaker Committee Clash Over List Of Edo Guber Campaign Council
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on