‘I Can’t Continue Like This, Catholic Priest Hangs Up, Says He Want To Get Married
Churchgoers in a town in central Italy gathered for Mass as usual, but they were unprepared for their own parish priest’s confession.
Reverend Father Riccardo Ceccobelli, 42, announced his love on Sunday, April 11 inside the San Felice church in Massa Martana, Perugia.
According to a statement released by the diocese on Tuesday, April 13, Ceccobelli told his parishioners, “I cannot continue to be coherent, transparent, and right with respect to her (the Church) as I have always been.”
As he declares himself, the Catholic Priest hangs up his cassock and says, “My heart is in love.”
“My heart is in love,” he said, “even though I’ve never had the opportunity to break the promises I made.”
“I want to see if I can live this love without suppressing it or pushing it away.”
According to the declaration, Ceccobelli, who has been the priest of the small town of 3,550 people for six years, received the blessing of his superior, Bishop Gualtiero Sigismondi, who was present at the priest’s side when he addressed the parish.
“I’m head over heels in love.” As he declares his resignation, a Catholic Priest hangs up his cassock.
The priest has been suspended from his duties, and formalities to return him to the lay state have begun. His story was reported in national newspapers on Tuesday.
Bishop Sigismondi expressed his gratitude to Don Riccardo for his service thus far.
“Above all, my heartfelt wishes go out to Don Riccardo that this decision, taken in complete freedom as he confided in me, may bring him peace and serenity.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution