Embattled Senator Dino Melaye has denied being part of the lawmakers that booed President Muhammadu Buhari by the 2019 funds presentation sooner than a joint session of the National Assembly on December 19, 2018.
Melaye, who represents Kogi West Senatorial District on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), acknowledged he was absent on the House of Representatives chamber, venue of the funds presentation on that day, to not point out partake in jeering the president.
Recall that some lawmakers, primarily of the opposition PDP, jeered the president by the funds presentation. But they’d been countered by their All Progressives Congress (APC) counterparts, who cheered the president.
Apparently disturbed by the occasion, Buhari wanted to pause to warning the lawmakers, saying “May I remind Honourable members that the world is watching us, and we should be above this.”
Since the incident, there have been critiques throughout the social media that the booing was led by the Kogi senator.
But Melaye, in his first response to the social media critiques, acknowledged in a press release by his media aide, Gideon Ayodele, on Saturday night time that people who saved calling his title on the incident lied in the direction of him.
Our correspondent critiques that Melaye’s denial bought right here 24 hours after he surrendered himself to the police following one week siege on his Maitama residence over an alleged case of culpable homicide, an allegation he denied.
“The consideration of Senator Dino Melaye has been drawn to a malicious reference to his specific particular person on the social media as one in all many lawmakers who booed President Muhammadu Buhari all through his 2019 Budget presentation sooner than a joint session of the National Assembly on Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
“Before now, he had refused to refute the mischievious social media fabrication for what it is – a reasonable lie – Senator Dino Melaye was not throughout the National Assembly that day.
“For the avoidance of doubt, Distinguished Senator Dino Melaye was absent on the televised 2019 Budget Presentation session and hereby challenges anyone with reverse proof to return forward with such.
“By his nature, Distinguished Senator Dino Melaye won’t be one who speaks and may’t defend his movement on the equivalent time.
Whatever he says or does, he stands by his actions no matter whose ox is gored,” he acknowledged.
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders