Rauf Aregbesola, the newly inaugurated Minister of Interior in Nigeria, says he has no knowledge of how the
Weetalknaija Daily understands that Aregbesola made this statement when he visited the Interior Ministry shortly after he was inaugurated earlier today by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Interior Minister said apart from stories about the ministry on the pages of the newspapers, he has no idea of its policies and operations prior to his appointment as the head of the ministry by the President.
“My relationship with the ministry is distant. What I know about the ministry is what I read in the newspapers,” Aregbesola said.
A report monitored on The Nation by Naija News, quoted the Interior Minister to have instructed Georgina Ehuriah, the Permanent Secretary, who had been in charge since the dissolution of the last cabinet, to continue running the ministry until Monday when he would formally take over.
“I will come to take over on Monday. I give the Permanent Secretary the grace to run the ministry till then. We will be ready by Monday to take on the huge assignment,” he added.
The Interior Minister, however, assured staff of the ministry and personnel of all paramilitary agencies under its purview of purposeful leadership.
“I promise you a realistic, reasonable and commendable leadership,” Aregbesola said.
The Interior Minister urged staff of the ministry to be ready for more work as he would be demanding much more from them.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group