A housewife simply identified as Hauwa allegedly killed two of her children in Kano State because her husband married a second wife.
The deceased kids have been identified as Yusuf, 5 and 3-year-old Zahra’u.
Yabaleft reports that it was gathered that the incident occurred on Saturday morning, October 3 in Diso village, Gwale Local Government area of the state, when the husband went to his second wife’s place to spend some time.
The uncle of deceased children, Sadiq Haruna Aminu, who confirmed the incident said his sister-in-law had been living with envy and jealousy ever since his brother married another wife.
Sadiq, the children’s younger uncle, said his brother got married to a new wife two months ago.
“The incident happened when the husband was away and in his new wife’s place. His eldest wife, Hauwau ‘called him on phone this morning that all was not well in their house only for him to return to the house and meet the lifeless bodies of the children in the pool of blood. She carried out the atrocities and ran away from the house”, he said.
“She beat the children and used knife to cut them. Her sister’s daughter (10-year-old) who was living with them was another victim but she survived with cuts on her hand and she is the witness of the incident that happened. We don’t know her whereabouts at the moment because we spoke with security operatives. We learnt she went to her parent’s house,” he added.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021