Senator Rochas Okorocha, the immediate past governor of Imo State, has lamented what he described as “the humiliating treatment” allegedly meted to him by his party, the All Progressives Congress, “in spite of [his] sacrifices and financial contributions to the party.”
Okorocha, the senator representing Imo West Senatorial District, told newsmen in Abuja on Tuesday that he got “evil reward” from APC for his commitment to the cause of the party, especially in the South East.
He noted that he had to “go contrary to his kinsmen and political associates” just to ensure that the party was placed on a sound footing in Imo and in the South East, but [he] was surprised that his reward was suspension.
“If you recall, I was called all sorts of names such as ‘Okoro Hausa,’ and that I was building mosques and all that were associated with it.
“But I kept deaf ears because I felt that I was on the right course with my people.
“I was instrumental to bringing Adams Oshiomhole as national chairman of the APC and he cannot deny that fact.
“I took the troubles of APC in the South East; but the APC I see now can easily tell Governor Emeka Ihedioha to come to its fold if only he can fight Rochas.
“That is really an unfortunate situation and it has weakened my spirit and my faith in the party because I thought we were family working to advance the cause of this nation.
“But the way it is going, it does not look like there will be a solution. And there seems to be silence everywhere.
“I don’t even know my stand about my suspension because, for some time, I don’t know what is happening in APC.
“But for the silence all over, it just looks as if it is normal.
“So, I am just waiting and thinking of what next to do; but I am still a member of APC and I love the party and will support it,” Okorocha said.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement