President Muhammadu Buhari has appreciated the boldness reposed in him by Nigerians from completely completely different walks of life, vowing “I won’t disappoint”.
The President spoke on Thursday at State House, Abuja, as he was adorned Grand Patron of the Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) by the Board of Trustees of the prime media awards group throughout the nation.
He described the investiture as “a timely honor”, together with that he had recognized number of the members of the NMMA board “since the time I didn’t even know I would be here”.
Former Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr Vincent Maduka, who led the delegation, talked about Buhari was licensed to be grand patron “because you respect the rights of the media to practice, without any hindrance”.
He well-known that beneath Buhari, no media residence had been shut, and the first ever campus television license was awarded to the University of Lagos, beneath the chairmanship of veteran Mass Communication coach, Prof. Ralph Akinfeleye.
Maduka outlined that the NMMA was established in 1990, to promote excellence in Nigerian media, and has hosted 26 grand award shows, with the latest that held solely every week previously.
He added that part of the targets of NMMA was the promotion of professionalism, patriotism and unity of the nation.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager