I Won’t Interfere in INEC’s Job – Buhari Tells APC
The Presidency has cautioned in opposition to the spewing of hate, incitement to violence and polarizing statements by some political leaders as some states brace up for supplementary elections prescribed by the National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The Presidency additionally rejected criticisms of President Muhammadu Buhari’s obvious disinterest within the upcoming elections in some states by celebration members who wrongfully assume that the President will abuse energy by altering outcomes to favour them.
Buhari’s place was contained in a statement to the media on Sunday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
It added that “Past Presidents of Nigeria have been recognized to intervene in inconclusive elections, and that’s the reason celebration members seem like upset that the identical factor isn’t taking place now, however President Buhari is a unique sort of chief.
“He swore to defend the structure and won’t veer off from that.
“The structure of Nigeria provides the President no such powers. It is unfair and ridiculous to criticise President Buhari for not going in opposition to the structure.
“Party members in states the place there will likely be supplementary elections then must be reminded that they should work laborious to earn their people’s votes, relatively than count on President Buhari to control INEC of their favour.
“Interestingly, whereas members of the ruling APC celebration have been criticising the President for not interfering on their behalf, members of the opposition have been condemning the President based mostly on their assumptions that he would positively intervene, as many within the opposition did whereas in energy.
“Under President Buhari, INEC had been and will likely be utterly impartial all through the elections, free from any interference.
“President Buhari is a man of conviction, and the manipulation of election results goes against everything he stands for INEC is completely in charge.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot Dies At 23
- Ekureku Coronate A New king
- How To Apply: FG Officially Begins Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians
- N700m Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu’s Case To October 15
- Big Brother Naija Season 5: Winner To Get N30Million Cash Prize, Home And SUV
Share this post with your Friends on