The Presidency has cautioned in opposition to the spewing of hate, incitement to violence and polarizing statements by some political leaders as some states brace up for supplementary elections prescribed by the National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The Presidency additionally rejected criticisms of President Muhammadu Buhari’s obvious disinterest within the upcoming elections in some states by celebration members who wrongfully assume that the President will abuse energy by altering outcomes to favour them.
Buhari’s place was contained in a statement to the media on Sunday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
It added that “Past Presidents of Nigeria have been recognized to intervene in inconclusive elections, and that’s the reason celebration members seem like upset that the identical factor isn’t taking place now, however President Buhari is a unique sort of chief.
“He swore to defend the structure and won’t veer off from that.
“The structure of Nigeria provides the President no such powers. It is unfair and ridiculous to criticise President Buhari for not going in opposition to the structure.
“Party members in states the place there will likely be supplementary elections then must be reminded that they should work laborious to earn their people’s votes, relatively than count on President Buhari to control INEC of their favour.
“Interestingly, whereas members of the ruling APC celebration have been criticising the President for not interfering on their behalf, members of the opposition have been condemning the President based mostly on their assumptions that he would positively intervene, as many within the opposition did whereas in energy.
“Under President Buhari, INEC had been and will likely be utterly impartial all through the elections, free from any interference.
“President Buhari is a man of conviction, and the manipulation of election results goes against everything he stands for INEC is completely in charge.”
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders