On Thursday, Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, said he would not mind breaking some toes if it would enable him to serve the ordinary people of the state and also fight for their rights.
According to a statement made available to by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, said the governor, who clocked 52 on Christmas Day, made the declaration during his Birthday Thanksgiving Service held at the St Peter’s Cathedral, Aremo, Ibadan.
He said his determination to render service to the ordinary people informed his decision to declare free and qualitative education in the state, adding that education remains the surest way to lift people out of poverty.
The governor also said he never thought he would live up to 30 years on earth, adding he is always very grateful to God for giving him the opportunity to live beyond three decades.
“I thought I would join the army, fight for my country and possibly get killed and that may be the end of the story. So for me, every year I have lived above 30 years is like a bonus,” he added.
The governor maintained that he was getting more matured at 52 and appreciated everyone who has made an impact on his life.
He also thanked the people of Oyo State, without whom he said he would not have been able to achieve anything in the last six months of his tenure as governor of the state.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution