Igbo Man Walks Out Of Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands, Switched Off His Phone And Was Last Seen In A Bus Heading To Lagos From Owerri
Drama as bridegroom walks out of engagement ceremony in Isiala Ngwa due to extortion.
He paid N100,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.
He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.
Okwudili was asked to add N20,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.
He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead instead of the girl’s.
He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.
Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Okwudili and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was.
He pointed at the wrong woman and that lead to yet another fine of N15,000.
The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N450,000 that had been paid as the girl’s school fees and upkeep since she started primary school!
Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Okwudili excused himself to visit a nearby latrine and disappeared!
He switched off his phone and was last seen in a bus heading to Lagos from Owerri.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021