BREAKING!! President Buhari Reveals Who Will Succeed IGP Mohammed Adamu
– The presidency has given a hint on who will succeed IGP Mohammad Adamu
– Garba Shehu on Monday, February 1, said President Buhari will choose based on a track record of proficiency, not as a result of ethnic sentiment
– The presidential media aide added that tribal notion does not come to play in issues of security.
The presidency has reacted to agitations and calls from a section of the country for President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint the next Inspector-General of Police (IGP) from the southeast.
In a conversation with journalists on Monday, February 1, Garba Shehu, a presidential media aide, revealed the calibre of person the president will choose to succeed Mohammad Adamu, Bioreports News reports.
Shehu said President Buhari will not be driven by ethnic sentiments or affiliations in his choice of the next police chief, in line with what he did while picking the new service chiefs.
Rather, he said the president will only appoint someone who will ensure the security of Nigerians better than what has been recorded.
The presidency said President will choose a new IGP who will make Nigeria safer
“I haven’t spoken with the President but if I read his mind correctly, the president would rather have an Inspector General of Police who would make you and I safer, who would protect lives and property than one who is more pronounced by his tribal marks.”
Shehu added that Buhari will make the appointment upon his return from his home town, Daura in Katsina state.
Meanwhile, Olusegun Obasanjo, a former Nigerian president, said the worsening insecurity in the country was responsible for the low patronage from foreign investors.
The former president made this disclosure on Sunday, January 31, during a virtual interview with academic and historian, Toyin Falola.
Obasanjo said investors are being chased away and discouraged because of rising atrocities of dreaded militant group Boko Haram and banditry in the north.
He also stated that Nigeria, unlike many other countries in Africa, has chances “but squandered those opportunities” due to poor leadership and greed in the current government.
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst