Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has again reiterated his commitment to safe and protect the people of Rivers state from the further spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
Reacting, Wike allegedly claimed that the Federal Government has ordered him to accept the Almajiris back to the state.
“I still maintain my stand, no Almajiri will be accepted in Rivers State. Rivers State and other parts of Eastern and Southern Nigeria are not a dumping refuse for the North.
Did you even see how they package those Almajiris? Some of them were hidden under Cows and covered with blankets and someone in Abuja will be there ordering us to accommodate such people. More especially in this COVID 19 Pandemic?
That is totally unacceptable. How many Easterners or Southerners have we package and sent to the North? Of course that is not in our blood. Let them born how many they can train period. Besides we don’t have the resources to take care of them, perhaps who knows their plan?”
~ Gov.Nyesom Wike
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021