Former Governor Of Oyo State, Ayodele Fayose Has Advised Governor Godwin Obaseki Of Edo State To Honour His Pledge To The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) After Winning The September 19 Governorship Election.
Obaseki, who was elected in 2016 on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) joined the PDP in June after the APC’s screening committee disqualified him from contesting in the party’s June 22 primary election.
Having joined the PDP, Obaseki will now have to face the APC candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu among other contenders in the forthcoming election.
However, since both Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu emerged as governorship candidates for their respective parties, the political climate in Edo State has been riddled with crises as both parties attack each other.
Reacting to Edo politics, Fayose in a series of tweets on Thursday, August 13, 2020, advised Obaseki to honor his agreement with the PDP.
Fayose said he believes Obaseki would win the governorship election even though he is not a fan of the governor.
“My position is that, for obvious reasons, I am not a fan of both Gov Obaseki and Oshiomhole.
That notwithstanding, I believe that Obaseki will win, but he should honour his agreement with the PDP by not returning to APC after assuming office for the second term for flimsy excuses.”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager