President Muhammadu Buhari has shelved plan to visit Auno, the scene of Sunday night massacre by Boko Haram in Borno State.
Buhari who was initially expected by the residents of Maiduguri to visit the troubled Auno town, along Maiduguri-Damaturu highway, some 24 kms to the state capital, rather paid a condolence visit to the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Garbai El-Kanemi and the state governor.
The president told the Shehu that he came from Addis, Ethiopia to Maiduguri.
He said Boko Haram cannot be curtailed without good intelligence sharing by the civil populace. He said the traditional leaders were fundamental in the success of military operation and strategy.
“This Boko Haram or whatever they are cannot come out to Maiduguri or its environs without the local leadership knowing because traditionally the local leaders are in charge of security in local areas,” he disclosed.
He said he was surprised how Boko Haram still survives. “So I wonder how Boko Haram has survived up till this time,” he said.
He said government cannot deliver good governance without security. “We need to stabilise this country,” he said. He urged the youths not to support anyone planning to destabilise the country.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020