President Muhammadu Buhari has shelved plan to visit Auno, the scene of Sunday night massacre by Boko Haram in Borno State.
Buhari who was initially expected by the residents of Maiduguri to visit the troubled Auno town, along Maiduguri-Damaturu highway, some 24 kms to the state capital, rather paid a condolence visit to the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Garbai El-Kanemi and the state governor.
The president told the Shehu that he came from Addis, Ethiopia to Maiduguri.
He said Boko Haram cannot be curtailed without good intelligence sharing by the civil populace. He said the traditional leaders were fundamental in the success of military operation and strategy.
“This Boko Haram or whatever they are cannot come out to Maiduguri or its environs without the local leadership knowing because traditionally the local leaders are in charge of security in local areas,” he disclosed.
He said he was surprised how Boko Haram still survives. “So I wonder how Boko Haram has survived up till this time,” he said.
He said government cannot deliver good governance without security. “We need to stabilise this country,” he said. He urged the youths not to support anyone planning to destabilise the country.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited