Senator Theodore Orji, a former Abia State governor, has blamed COVID-19 pandemic for his failure to furnish the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) with his assets declaration form.
In a letter dated June 29, 2020, and addressed to the EFCC chairman, Orji, through his legal counsel, Lawminds Associates, said as a vulnerable person who is above 70 years, he is observing precautionary measures as ordered by the Federal Government in the fight against the spread of the pandemic.
He, therefore, requested to be given reasonable time to get the documents.
Part of the letter reads:
“Sequel to your demand from our client on the 29th day of June, 2020, to furnish you with his assets declaration documents.
“It became pertinent to notify you that our client, who is one of the vulnerable persons to the COVID-19 pandemic as he is above 70 years old and is observing precautionary measures as ordered by the Federal Government, pleads to be given a reasonable time to get hold of the said documents and forward to your office as requested.”
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group