The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said it’d devolve Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) assortment to Registration Areas and Wards all through the nation, from Jan. 16.
The payment said in a press release by Mr Festus Okoye, National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, on Friday, in Abuja, that the deadline for assortment of PVCs was Feb. 8.
The assertion said that decision on the issue was taken on the payment’s weekly meeting held on Thursday in Abuja.
It recalled that INEC carried out Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) between April 27, 2017 and Aug. 31, 2018 all through which an entire of 14, 281,734 new voters had been registered.
It stated that subsequently, the payment printed the PVCs of the model new registrants and delivered them to the states.
It said, “Collection of PVCs by most of the people which is being achieved presently on the Commission’s Local Government locations of labor is to be devolved to the 8,809 Registration Areas/Wards from Jan. 16 to Jan. 21 (along with Saturday and Sunday).
“After Jan. 21 assortment of PVCs will revert to the Commission’s Local Government Offices and completely different designated centres to be determined by the states until Feb. 8, being the ultimate day for assortment.
“There will in all probability be no extension for the gathering of PVCs after Feb.8. All uncollected PVCs will in all probability be retrieved and saved in a secured place until the ultimate elections are over.
“There shall be no collection of PVCs by proxy.”
The payment said that inside the spirit of transparency, it’d give account of the number of PVCs collected and the stability from earlier registrations.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021