Ade Adesomoju, Abuja Respondents to the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, have called for the “suspension” of proceedings of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, on Thursday (today).
Thursday was scheduled for the commencement of trial, when the petitioners challenging President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory at the February 23 election, were to begin calling their witnesses.
But shortly after the petitioners’ lawyer, Dr. Livy Uzoukwu (SAN), indicated to the tribunal that he was starting the petitioners’ case with Niger State, Buhari’s counsel, Mike Igbokwe (SAN), rose to call for a halt of the proceedings.
Counsel for the Independent National Electoral Commission, Yunus Usman (SAN), and the All Progressives Congress’ Yakubu Maikyau (SAN), also expressed the same misgivings.
He said his team “should be commended and not condemned”, as he could not have served the schedule earlier than Thursday morning, because the registry of the court only completed the processing earlier on Thursday.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution