The end of a five-year service as a chairman has turned out to be a renewing one for INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu. He steps up to the position again as he begins a fresh five-year tenure today, Monday.
President Mohammadu Buhari has re-appointed him to chair the Independent Electoral Commission again making him the first chairman to go for a second term as a result of his positive contribution in the first term.
Therefore, he is officially expected to hand over power to himself at a ceremony located to hold at Conference Room of INEC in Abuja.
Although, controversies over his reappointment are well written in the air by some individuals and groups that outrightly objected it as they conceived it to be wrong but also, some persons still preferred and considered the president has made a good decision.
A yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, objected it and demanded that a Sountherner could have succeeded Prof. Yakubu.
In a statement by Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary to Afenifere, he said the successor “should be from one of the Southern zones”.
While some objected the reappointment, some individuals and groups appraised the president for making such a decision. The president of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Mallam Kabiru Yusuf, commended the president for giving another chance to the INEC chairman to buckle up and prepare adequately for the 2023 election.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021