Delta State governor and People’s Democratic Party candidate, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has formally been declared winner of the Delta State gubernatorial election held on Saturday’s, March 9, 2019.
Announcing to the outcomes on the state collation centre in Asaba, the state collating officer of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Seth Accra Jaja introduced that the overall Number of Voters within the state is 2, 831,205 and for the 2019 gubernatorial election, a complete of 1,188,784 voters have been accredited for the train with a document of 1,178,335 votes forged. The whole legitimate votes stood at 1,154,188 whereas 24,147 votes have been rejected.
According to the outcomes, Great Ovedje Ogboru, a sixth time contestant emerged first runner up with 215,938 votes with the African Democratic Congress candidate polling 2,031 votes to emerge second runner up.
Returning officer, Prof Jaja whereas declaring Okowa winner stated, “The winner of this election is Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa. He polled a total of 925,274 votes and by the power conferred on me by the electoral act, I hereby declare that the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, having satisfied the requirements of the law by scoring the highest number of votes, is hereby declared the winner and he is returned elected.”
Prof Jaja additionally counseled the Resident Electoral Commissioner for making certain an intensive electoral and transition course of.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021