The Chairman, Social Democratic Party in Kogi State, Mr Mouktar Atima, was on Tuesday beaten to stupor as thugs blocked the governorship candidate of the party from entering the venue of the meeting organised by Independent National Electoral Commission for all the political parties and their candidates to sign a peace accord.
The Sun reports that Atima was dragged out from his seat by the thugs in the full glare of the security men with the Inspector General of Police, Adamu Mohammed and the state governor, Yahaya Bello along with other governorship candidates on seats while they were deliberating on how the Saturday election should be held peacefully.
It was learnt, that Natasha Apoti who came late to the programme when everybody had already seated was the one who was first attacked as she made effort to enter into the venue of the peace meeting at the Idrinana Hotel, Lokoja.
SDP Candidate, Natasha Akpoti
The hoodlums who were said to have gathered at the back of the hall, were said to have surged forward to attack her but for her security swiftly whisked her away.
Few minutes later, the party chairman who was already seated in the hall was said to have been dragged out and beaten black and blue while the whole place was charged with many hurriedly fleeing the hall including the PDP governorship candidate, Musa Wada, who was also whisked away to safety.
The police had to fire the teargas to disperse the thugs who were trooping into the arena as everyone hurriedly departed from the venue.
It was also gathered that the teargass fired by police entered the hall as IGP Adamu, INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu and other sitting in the hall were sighted covering their noses with handkerchief.
It would be recalled that the SDP secretariat was burnt down on Monday morning with the candidate consistently alerting the public on threats to her life.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022