INEC tenders Apology To NAF Over Wrongful Accusation on Botched Rivers Election
The Independent National Electoral Commission has tendered an unreserved apology to the Nigerian Air Force for wrongfully accusing it is personnels of invading the collation centre and disrupting the botched governorship and home of meeting.
In a statement absolving NAF of any wrongdoing within the chaos that characterised the cancelled elections, the electoral physique specific remorse on the embarrassment the fallacious accusation might need induced NAF.
Titled: “Inadvertent Involvement of the Nigerian Air Force in the Disruption of the March 9 2019 Collation Process”, INEC disclosed that after investigations, it found that the lads placing on army uniforms weren’t from the NAF because it claimed earlier.
The statement which was sighted by newsmen on Tuesday was signed by the Head of Voter Education in Rivers State, Mr. Edwin Enabor for the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Obo Effanga.
The statement continued: “Further to our investigation and clarification from the NAF Command in Rivers State on the invasion of our offices/disruption of collation process by armed men in military uniforms, the commission wishes to state that the persons purported to have worn the Air Force uniforms were neither personnel of the service nor authorized by the service to be at INEC office. “The commission therefore wishes to express its regret at the embarrassment this might have caused the NAF,” INEC mentioned.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- You Have No Future With APC — Omini Urges Nigerians To Move To PDP
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on