The Independent National Electoral Commission has tendered an unreserved apology to the Nigerian Air Force for wrongfully accusing it is personnels of invading the collation centre and disrupting the botched governorship and home of meeting.
In a statement absolving NAF of any wrongdoing within the chaos that characterised the cancelled elections, the electoral physique specific remorse on the embarrassment the fallacious accusation might need induced NAF.
Titled: “Inadvertent Involvement of the Nigerian Air Force in the Disruption of the March 9 2019 Collation Process”, INEC disclosed that after investigations, it found that the lads placing on army uniforms weren’t from the NAF because it claimed earlier.
The statement which was sighted by newsmen on Tuesday was signed by the Head of Voter Education in Rivers State, Mr. Edwin Enabor for the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Obo Effanga.
The statement continued: “Further to our investigation and clarification from the NAF Command in Rivers State on the invasion of our offices/disruption of collation process by armed men in military uniforms, the commission wishes to state that the persons purported to have worn the Air Force uniforms were neither personnel of the service nor authorized by the service to be at INEC office. “The commission therefore wishes to express its regret at the embarrassment this might have caused the NAF,” INEC mentioned.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager