The management of the Cross River State University of Technology and the Acting Vice-Chancellor of the Institution, Ptof Akon M. T. Joshua have cried out to the host community on the insecurity faced by the Institution.
The Acting Vice-Chancellor in a chat with DAILY POST, shortly after the visit with the Paramount Ruler of Calabar South and his Council on Monday, lamented the high level of insecurity in the institution.
Prof Joshua said that the massive land of the institution have been encroached upon by people who are not members of the university community.
She called on the monarch and other traditional rulers in Calabar South Local Government Area to eradicate insecurity including cultism and other vices that makes learning in the Institution difficult.
‘’We have insecurity in the institution, no perimeter fence, massive encroachment on our land by people unknown to us and other activities that make learning difficult and unsaved.”
The Vice-Chancellor further said that students of the Institution refuses to pay school fees which almost resulted in crisis and urged parents to ensure that their ward’s school fees and other money are paid and on time.
“The Institution is a State government-owned and we generate fund from school fees to meet our numerous problems and programs including providing conducive learning environment,” the acting vice Chancellor stated.
On the meeting with the Paramount Ruler and his council, the Acting Vice-Chancellor said, “We couldn’t come earlier than now, because of the challenges I faced as acting vice-chancellor.
“We have come to our host community to see our fathers and to tell them our challenges. They have also made several requests which we will forward to appropriate quarters,” she said.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022