Six bandits were released from Katsina state government’s custody on Tuesday September 10, in exchange for 20 kidnapped persons in the state.
Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari confirmed the exchange after a closed-door meeting with the bandits. Some bandits identified as Abdullahi Mairafi, Audu Danda, Ardo Nashawali and Sale Dangote had earlier surrendered their AK-47 and ammunition to the governor at Shinfida village in Jibia Local Government Area of the state.
One of the repentant bandits, Abdullahi Mairafi who renounced banditry and promised to work for peace in the state said “We will make sure the peace process does not stop at releasing captives but all weapons and ammunition in our custody and other militia groups are surrendered to Governor Masari.”
The state government was also advised to provide health centres, dams and schools for Fulani herdsmen living in rural areas.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020