Six bandits were released from Katsina state government’s custody on Tuesday September 10, in exchange for 20 kidnapped persons in the state.
Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari confirmed the exchange after a closed-door meeting with the bandits. Some bandits identified as Abdullahi Mairafi, Audu Danda, Ardo Nashawali and Sale Dangote had earlier surrendered their AK-47 and ammunition to the governor at Shinfida village in Jibia Local Government Area of the state.
One of the repentant bandits, Abdullahi Mairafi who renounced banditry and promised to work for peace in the state said “We will make sure the peace process does not stop at releasing captives but all weapons and ammunition in our custody and other militia groups are surrendered to Governor Masari.”
The state government was also advised to provide health centres, dams and schools for Fulani herdsmen living in rural areas.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited