Weetalknaija.com.ng reports that, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has barred former officers of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) from joining the
Former officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) are barred from joining the newly-created Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit of the Nigeria Police Force
Weetalknaija.com.ng recalled that, SARS was dissolved days ago following nationwide protests against the extra-judicial activities of the group that have escalated over the past few years.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, said in a statement on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 that SWAT will fill the gaps left by SARS whose main role was tackling violent crimes especially armed robbery and kidnapping.
One of the criteria for the selection of SWAT officers stipulates that they must not have worked for SARS, according to a Police memo.
Officers to be recruited must also have at least seven years policing service experience, and must be passed physically fit to withstand training and operation.
They will also undergo medical and psychological fitness to certify them fit medically, emotionally, and psychologically.
“All personnel will as a critical pre-requisite undergo and pass medical examination, psychometry and toxicological screening for drug of abuse which will be conducted by the Police Medical Services during training and those found to be unsuitable shall be discharged,” the memo, signed by the IGP, read.
Another criteria for selection is that prospective SWAT officers must not have pending disciplinary issues, or any serious previous record of professional misconduct touching on intemperate behaviour, incivility to members of the public, corrupt practices, and misuse of firearms.
For operational service, recruited officers must be between the ages of 25 and 40 years, and 35 and 45 years for command elements.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021