Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, on Thursday, said he would sack any of his aides who insulted President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress.
Umahi also warned that any of his appointees who hitherto “derived pleasure” in talking down his fellow governors across the country and their achievements should desist from doing so or have their appointment terminated.
The governor, in the build-up to the 2019 general elections, had described Buhari as his friend, despite their political differences.
Umahi, in a statement by his Special Assistant on New Media, Mr Francis Nwaze, which was made available to The PUNCH, said anybody who wished to “throw unnecessary stones at any of the leaders should be ready to leave his government.”
Nwaze, in the statement, added that “The Ebonyi State Governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, has prohibited any of his political appointees from castigating or abusing President. Muhammadu Buhari led administration as this will attract immediate sack.
He added that “If you want to castigate the President, his government or any Governor, you must leave Governor Umahi’s office government first.“How does such castigation help the Governor’s government?.”
“Doing such to any government or any governor in this country has no value to add to his administration.
The statement quoted Governor Umahi as saying, that this would be his final warning to all his aides and others who had anything to do with his administration.
“Henceforth, any posting against the President, any governor or government from any of his appointees will attract immediate termination of appointment by him.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company