EFCC operatives have arrested three suspects for conspiracy and obtaining money by false pretence to the tune of N7, 107, 540.00.
The suspects- Adewuyi A. Adebayo,31; Osikoya K. Gboyega, 44 and Akintunde Ogunrinde, 47- were arrested on September 9, 2019 following intelligence about their activities. They were arrested at different locations in Lagos State and transferred to Makurdi, Benue State.
EFCC says the petitioner alleged that on 18th of February, 2018, he noticed his MTN line had stopped working as no calls or messages came to his phone and the phone displayed a message saying, ‘invalid SIM card’. He went to the MTN office to lodge a complaint but was told to apply for a welcome back SIM that was not successful as someone else had swapped his SIM card in Abia State.
He immediately contacted his account officer at FCMB to inform them of the development and to change his alert phone number to another line only to discover that transactions had occurred on his account without his consent.
The threshold limit for online transfers on his account had also been increased above five hundred thousand Naira and the sum of Seven million, one hundred and seven thousand, five hundred and forty Naira (N7,107,540.00) removed from his account.
Further investigations revealed that the suspects masterminded the alleged the fraud.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution