The Indigenous People off Biafra (IPOB) has urged the Nigerian military hierarchy to understand that constant harassment and killing of innocent civilians in the South-East will not make up for their failure to deal with insurgency and terrorism ravaging the North where most of them come from.
The group, in a statement on Saturday rejected Operation Python Dance 4 in the South-East, noting that “the military exercise designed to torment civil society is a tactical diversion to cover up the failures of the Nigeria Army in tackling Fulani terrorism.”
IPOB in the statement signed by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, said that the plan is to give the world “the misleading impression that insecurity is affecting every part of Nigeria and South-East when that is not the case.”
“Civilised democratic countries set up their armies to fight external enemies and protect their borders but in Africa as with all developmentally backward parts of the world, national armies are being used to oppress the civilian population of which Nigeria is a prime example,” IPOB said.
It insisted that the “never ending Operation Python Dance scheme is designed against innocent civilians to ensure they continue the elimination of Biafran youths with the blessing of South East governors and Ohanaeze Ndigbo.”
Source News Express
Posted 13/10/2019 05:55:42 AM
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution