Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani, announced on Friday that the United States has offered to drop all sanctions against Iran in exchange for negotiations.
Rouhani said the German Chancellor, the prime minister of Britain and the president of France were in New York and all insisted that the meeting take place.
“America says that it will lift the sanction, it was up for debate what sanctions will be lifted and they had clearly said ‘we will lift all sanctions”, Sputnik quoted him as saying.
“Even if we want to negotiate with the Americans in the 5+1 framework which includes Russia, China, Germany, France, and the UK, no one can predict what the end and result of this negotiation will be.’’
Rouhani’s statement came after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that Washington would not change its policy and continue slapping sanctions on the Islamic Republic.
The White House hasn’t confirmed information about the alleged offer.
DAILY POST reports that in recent days, Iran and the US have been drumming war beats.
Iran had expressed its readiness for an “all-out war” if the United States or Saudi military strikes against his country.
Foreign Minister, Javad Zarif, made the declaration in an interview with CNN after the US, which announced highest sanction ever, began troop deployment to the kingdom.
Noting that Iran hoped to avoid conflict and was willing to talk to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, Zarif stated that his country would not discuss with the US unless it gets full relief from sanctions as promised under the 2015 nuclear deal.
Insisting that Iran did not blow up Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities, Zarif threatened that a US or Saudi military strike would lead to a major face-off.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022