It’s impossible to stop kidnapping in Nigeria — Wike
Rivers State Governor, Mr Nyesom Wike on Monday said it is impossible to stop kidnapping in Nigeria as it has now become a flourishing business.
The governor made this remark when he spoke while receiving members of the Rotary International District 9141, who paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
According to him, ”It is now impossible to stop kidnapping in Nigeria. It (kidnapping) is now a business. It has been commercialised. It is now a major business. Everyone must partner with the government to ensure that we reduce it to the barest minimum. But it cannot be totally eradicated.
“Look at what is happening across the country. Kidnapping has taken over all states. When it started here, it was politicised. But today, it is negatively affecting all states of the federation. A few days ago, a Court of Appeal judge was kidnapped in Benin. Before that, a Federal High Court judge was kidnapped. All of us must work together to stop this scourge,” he said.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021