Aminu Tambuwal, governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Sokoto State, has retained his seat because the Governor of Sokoto state, by a slim margin, after collation of outcomes from 22 Local Governments Areas (LGAs), the place supplementery elections had been held.
Results collation for the Sokoto State governorship election happened on the state collation centre of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
When the outcomes of the March 9 governorship elections had been declared inconclusive, PDP had secured 489,558 votes, whereas Ahmad Aliyu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) got here a detailed second with 486,145 votes.
At the time, the margin of lead was 3,413 votes. There had been cancellations in 136 polling models throughout 22 LGAs, which had 75,403 registered voters.
For Kebbe LGA, the final deciding issue for the elections, PDP secured 5,457, whereas APC polled 7,173 votes.
According to the official outcomes of 21 LGAs introduced to date on the Sokoto collation centre, situated on the Sultan Maccido Institutes, Sokoto State, Tambuwal was main his counterpart, Aliyu Ahmad of the APC, with a margin of 161 votes.
However, on the remaining depend, the APC polled 511,661 votes, whereas the PDP secured 512,002 votes, respectively.
As such, PDP defeated APC with 341 votes
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021