The Jigawa State House of Assembly has suspended two of its ex-principal officers for alleged interference with the house investigation on financial spendings.
The suspended lawmakers included, the former Chief Whip of the House Aminu Sule Sankara (APC Ringim) and the former Majority Leader Mr. Sani Ishaq (APC Gumel).
Chairman House Committee on Information Mr. Aminu Zakari (APC Gwiwa) disclosed this while speaking to newsmen.
He explained that the members were suspended with a view to allow for fair investigations into allegations of financial misconduct.
“Both the members allegedly attempt to retrieve some financial documents from the ministry of finance to prevent the Committee of investigation set by the house to investigate financial misappropriation between 2017 and 2018,” he stated.
The Former Majority Leader, Sani Ishaq, who was a principal officer during the period when contacted denied the allegation.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group