The Jigawa State House of Assembly has suspended two principal officers of the House for six months over interference with an investigation by the lawmakers.
Those suspended are the former Chief Whip of the House, Aminu Sule, and former Majority Leader, Sani Ishaq, both members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) representing Ringim and Gumel constituencies respectively.
Charmian of the House Committee on Information, Aminu Zakari, disclosed this to reporters on Tuesday at the end of plenary in the Dutse, the state capital.
According to him, both members allegedly attempted to confiscate some financial documents in the Ministry of Finance to prevent the committee set up by the House to investigate financial misappropriation between 2017 and 2018 perform its duties effectively.
When contacted, the former Majority Leader denied the allegation, stressing that it was not honourable for a member of the House to engage in such activities. Sule and Ishag were impeached along with the former Speaker of the House, Mr Isah Idris, in May 2019.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022