Olisa Metuh, former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has claimed he received the N400 million traced to him as alleged proceeds of money laundering from former President Goodluck Jonathan and not the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
Mr. Metuh said this while testifying before a federal high court sitting in Abuja,on Thursday.
Metuh is facing trial for alleged diversion of the N400 million received, using his company, Destra Investment Ltd.
It is alleged that the money was meant to influence the outcome of the 2015 general election.
Metuh, according to Daily Trust, said he had met with Jonathan where he promised to make the money available to him.
At the resumed hearing, Metuh was quoted as saying the former president made the money available to him “to carry out the national assignment.”
“Up till May 29, 2015, no individual or group had ever questioned Dasuki’s integrity not to talk of been charged or arrested for any unlawful act,” Metuh reportedly said.
In 2017, Dasuki told the court he cannot recall having any dealings with the former PDP spokesman regarding the money.
The case was later adjourned by Justice Okon Abang till June 24 for further hearing.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health