Jubilation In Nigerian As Govt Slashes Marriage Fees, See New Prices
The Federal Government has approved the reduction of marriage licence fees in the country.
Director Press and Public Relations, Ministry of Interior, Mr Mohammed Manga, made this known in a statement on Monday.
Manga quoted the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, as making the disclosure in a Public Notice signed by the Permanent Secretary and Principal Registrar of Marriages in Nigeria, Georgina Ehuriah.
The minister approved that the reduction of fees chargeable for services related to the Statutory Marriage under the Marriage Act CAP M6 LFN 2004 to commence from Wednesday, July 1.
He appealed to stakeholders to take advantage of the reduction in fees to licence their Places of Public Worship.
According to him, the fees chargeable for the Issuance of Fresh Marriage Licence to a place of Public Worship has been reduced from N30,000 for two years to N6,000 yearly, payable for five years in the first instance.
He said further that:-
“for the Renewal of Marriage Licence by a Place of Public Worship, the sum of N5,000 has been approved per year, payable for three years at each instance, as against the N30,000 earlier charged annually”.
The minister added that:-
“the fees chargeable for Statutory Ordinary Marriage has also been cut down from N21,000 to N15,000 while that of Statutory Special Licence has been slashed from N35,000 to N25,000”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! APC Screening Disqualifies Ondo Governor Over Anti-Party
- See Photos: This Is A Deeply Disturbing Post, Please Don’t Read If You Don’t Have A Strong Heart
- Heavy Rainfall: 28 States In Danger Of Flood, NEMA Warns
- Former NDDC Boss Recount Ordeal, Says Akpabio’s ‘Oath Of Secrecy’ Would Have Sent Her To Prison
- I Did Not Said Edo Boys Are Waiting For Uzodinma — Wike
Share this post with your Friends on