Judge Adjourns Ruling As 2face Drags Blackface To Court Over Copyright
Justice Oyesefo of the Lagos High Court has adjourned 2face’s #50m defamation of character lawsuit introduced in opposition to his former label mate Blackface.
In the Wednesday morning ruling, the decide adjourned the case indefinitely, saying a brand new date shall be set and communicated to each events inside one week.
A statement obtained from Blackface’s lawyer, Mani Enajeroh of M.O Enajeroh, confirming the adjournment reads thus;
”The Copyright system in Nigeria will finally kill each iota of creativity in Nigerian music, until somebody takes up this concern of royalties.
“Even although we do not have functioning collective societies that does not imply we will not be honest to at least one one other. Because of talking out about this Blackface was sued for N50m.
“That’s why it is vital that this case have to be struck out. The case is a menace to freedom of expression, and mental property typically. We are assured that the Court will strike out the case.
“This is a copyright concern, regardless of the way you take a look at it and it must be on the Federal High Court. Look at their court paperwork, they didn’t admit anyplace that Blackface wrote “Let any person love you”. The tales are by no means constant.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- You Have No Future With APC — Omini Urges Nigerians To Move To PDP
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on