Justice Oyesefo of the Lagos High Court has adjourned 2face’s #50m defamation of character lawsuit introduced in opposition to his former label mate Blackface.
In the Wednesday morning ruling, the decide adjourned the case indefinitely, saying a brand new date shall be set and communicated to each events inside one week.
A statement obtained from Blackface’s lawyer, Mani Enajeroh of M.O Enajeroh, confirming the adjournment reads thus;
”The Copyright system in Nigeria will finally kill each iota of creativity in Nigerian music, until somebody takes up this concern of royalties.
“Even although we do not have functioning collective societies that does not imply we will not be honest to at least one one other. Because of talking out about this Blackface was sued for N50m.
“That’s why it is vital that this case have to be struck out. The case is a menace to freedom of expression, and mental property typically. We are assured that the Court will strike out the case.
“This is a copyright concern, regardless of the way you take a look at it and it must be on the Federal High Court. Look at their court paperwork, they didn’t admit anyplace that Blackface wrote “Let any person love you”. The tales are by no means constant.”
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager