Just In : Akpabio finally Accepts defeat, withdraws case against Ekpenyong
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court, sitting on the Apo, Abuja Judicial Division, on Friday struck out case by Senator Godswill Akpabio, following his defeat by former Deputy Governor, Engr. Chris Ekpenyong, within the National Assembly election for Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District.
Akpabio, former Senate Minority chief was defeated by Ekpenyong, who polled over 118,000 votes as in opposition to his over 83,000. He additional filed a case in court with swimsuit no: FCTHCM268019, to hunt an order compelling INEC to assessment the consequence.
But the presiding Judge, Justice Valentine Ashi on Friday dismissed the matter, following utility by the Counsel to Akpabio, Mr. Sunday Ameh (SAN), that the case be withdrawn forthwith. Akpabio’s lawyer knowledgeable the court on Friday that his shopper had resolved to withdraw the appliance for judicial assessment. Also talking, the lawyer representing INEC, Tanimu Inuwa, instructed journalists that the court lacks the jurisdiction to entertain the appliance since it’s an election matter.
“When an individual requests for the enforcement of his proper via an order of mandamus, what it means is that after that request is granted, events are to remain proceedings till that proper has been enforced. ”
That’s what it means,” Mr Inuwa stated. Reacting, the senator-elect Ekpenyong recommended his kinsman for taking the best decision to tug out from the case. He stated: “No man can challenge the divine mandate freely endorsed by the people of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District. “Akpabio should demonstrate the good spirit of sportsmanship by willingly accepting defeat in good faith instead of overheating the polity by giving the people false impression of rigging during the contest”.
“In 2007, even when he rigged the elections and gained, I, as one of many contestants accepted defeat and congratulated him.
“In 2011, I had carried out every little thing to go for Senate however he tricked me to step down for one more particular person, even after I and the previous Minister of Petroleum, Atuekong Don Etiebet, had knelt right down to beg then President Goodluck Jonathan, to present him (Akpabio) tender touchdown to go for a second time period.
“When I did all of those, I used to be acutely aware of the truth that there have to be one governor at a time and that was his personal time as designed by God. “So this present mandate for the people of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District has additionally been ordained by God for me to steer the people of my zone and to indicate them management course from the Red Chambers within the subsequent 4 years.
“We are a extremely Republican people. We don’t have what they referred to as Dynasty somewhere else. “In Annang ethnic nationality, management should evolve for the dividends of democracy to unfold throughout all of the 10 Local Government Areas that represent the Senatorial District.”
“Therefore, I’m assuring the people that I’ll run for just one time period of impactful and purposeful management that may guarantee each aspects of the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District is touched by severe transformation and socio-economic improvement”
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
Share this post with your Friends on