JUST IN!!! ASUU Joins 5-Day Warning Strike
In Kaduna state, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has joined the Nigeria Labour Congress’s (NLC) ongoing 5-day warning strike.
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kaduna State University Chapter, has joined the Nigeria Labour Congress in their ongoing 5-day warning strike.
ASUU has called on its members to join the ongoing Kaduna State public sector workers’ warning strike. Dr. Peter Adamu, the ASUU Chairperson, issued the instruction in a circular to the union’s members.
Adamu reminded members that ASUU is a member of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), and that ASUU main officers were members of the NLC National Executive Council when the strike action was decided.
“Members who break the strike must also understand that the union will not be there for them when the governor’s fury comes on them,” he added.
Comrade Ayuba Wabba, NLC National President, had stated that the five-day strike would continue unless the state administration addressed the workers’ demands.
Remember that all commercial operations in Kaduna State came to a halt on Monday as the NLC protested the Governor Nasir El-Rufai-led government’s dismissal of state personnel. Banks, gas stations, shops, marketplaces, and other commercial activity remained closed in strict accordance with the NLC’s directive.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021