A Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to the convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Mr Omoyele Sowore, and his co-defendant, Mr Olawale Bakare.
The trial judge, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, gave the order on Friday while ruling on the bail application filed by the two defendants.
Sowore and Bakare were arraigned by the Federal Government on Monday before the judge on seven counts bordering on alleged conspiracy to commit treason and money laundering among other charges.
After listening to arguments from the prosecutor and the defendants’ counsel, Justice Ojukwu adjourned proceedings to rule on the bail application by Sowore and Bakare.
At the resumed sitting on Friday, counsel to the duo, Mr Femi Falana, urged the court to grant bail to his clients but the prosecutor, Mr Hassan Liman, objected to the request.
Upon listening to the submissions of the two layers, the trial judge granted bail to the two defendants in a total sum of N150 million.
“Since the charge before the court does not carry any death penalty, I am inclined to gran
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company