Political thugs on Monday morning laid siege to the Ondo State House of Assembly, causing panic around the area.
The thugs numbering over 100 were sighted at the main gate of the Assembly complex with scores of their vehicles parked along the road leading to the complex.
It was gathered that the presence of the political thugs was not unconnected with the rancour within members of the state Assembly.
Their surprised presence as early as 7:30, it was gathered, was to prevent the nine suspended lawmakers from resuming work, even though that the court had set aside their suspension last week.
Nine lawmakers were suspended by the Assembly for refusing to sign the impeachment notice served on the deputy governor Hon Agboola Ajayi.
However, the men of the state police command were said to have prevented the hoodlums from entering into the complex.
The security operatives mounted barricades at the entrance of the complex and scrunitised whoever was going into the Assembly complex.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health