Political thugs on Monday morning laid siege to the Ondo State House of Assembly, causing panic around the area.
The thugs numbering over 100 were sighted at the main gate of the Assembly complex with scores of their vehicles parked along the road leading to the complex.
It was gathered that the presence of the political thugs was not unconnected with the rancour within members of the state Assembly.
Their surprised presence as early as 7:30, it was gathered, was to prevent the nine suspended lawmakers from resuming work, even though that the court had set aside their suspension last week.
Nine lawmakers were suspended by the Assembly for refusing to sign the impeachment notice served on the deputy governor Hon Agboola Ajayi.
However, the men of the state police command were said to have prevented the hoodlums from entering into the complex.
The security operatives mounted barricades at the entrance of the complex and scrunitised whoever was going into the Assembly complex.
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (65 Positions) – Part B
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 For Graduate ( 67 Positions) Party-A
- Current Employment Opportuninties at Deloitte
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Program at MainOne Cable Nigeria