JUST IN: INEC Resumes Collation In Rivers Guber Polls
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has today (Tuesday) resumed collation of results of Rivers State governorship ballot as scheduled.
The fee had suspended the method on March 10, 2019, because of the widespread disruption of elections and violence in Polling Units and Collation Centres.
However, the electoral umpire on Sunday named seventeen native authorities areas of Rivers State the place outcomes have been collated and prepared for announcement.
They embrace: Ahoada East, Bonny, Akuku-Toru, Obio-Akpor, Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni, Omuma, Port Harcourt, Ikwerre, Emohua, Tai, Opobo-Nkoro, Andoni ,Eleme, Etche, Ogu–Bolo, Oyigbo, Okrika.
The fee additionally named Adoada West, Asari Toru, Degema, Abua Odual, Khana and Gokana because the remaining six native authorities areas the place the fee is predicted to begin collation of electoral outcomes.
The INEC Administrative Secretary in Rivers State, Elder Etim Umoh, who made the revelation on the stakeholders assembly in Port Harcourt on Saturday famous that election didn’t maintain in Abua-Odual Local Government space whereas the method will likely be concluded within the different 5 LGAs.
The gubernatorial race is between two key contenders; incumbent Nyesom Wike of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Awara Biokpomabo of the Rotimi Amaechi-backed African Action Congress, AAC.
Meanwhile, African Action Congress (AAC) deputy governorship candidate, Akpo Bomba Yeeh, final week, resigned from the celebration and defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He alleged the minister of transportation, Rotimi Ameachi of plotting to take away him instantly the method is accomplished and he emerged as deputy governor.
- Awka Millennium City (AMC) Latest Job Vacancy – How to Apply Now!
- ScorchingJobs for Administrative Assistant at Global Clearing and Logistics Limited
- SizzlingJobs for Clearing Agent at Global Clearing and Logistics Limited
- Logistics Officer at Libmot Logistics Limited
- Latest Job Vacancies at The Nigerian Stock Exchange
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Donald Trump Hasn’t Send The Ventilators He Promised Us — FG Laments
- JUST IN: US ‘Terminates’ Relationship With WHO
- C/River LG Polls: Mike Etaba Casts His Vote, Express Confident
- BREAKING: Buhari Appoints New NNPC Board [FULL LIST]
- Maltreatment : We Stood Against Jonathan In 2015, We Will Repeat Same In 2023 — Almajiris Vows
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on