The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has today (Tuesday) resumed collation of results of Rivers State governorship ballot as scheduled.
The fee had suspended the method on March 10, 2019, because of the widespread disruption of elections and violence in Polling Units and Collation Centres.
However, the electoral umpire on Sunday named seventeen native authorities areas of Rivers State the place outcomes have been collated and prepared for announcement.
They embrace: Ahoada East, Bonny, Akuku-Toru, Obio-Akpor, Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni, Omuma, Port Harcourt, Ikwerre, Emohua, Tai, Opobo-Nkoro, Andoni ,Eleme, Etche, Ogu–Bolo, Oyigbo, Okrika.
The fee additionally named Adoada West, Asari Toru, Degema, Abua Odual, Khana and Gokana because the remaining six native authorities areas the place the fee is predicted to begin collation of electoral outcomes.
The INEC Administrative Secretary in Rivers State, Elder Etim Umoh, who made the revelation on the stakeholders assembly in Port Harcourt on Saturday famous that election didn’t maintain in Abua-Odual Local Government space whereas the method will likely be concluded within the different 5 LGAs.
The gubernatorial race is between two key contenders; incumbent Nyesom Wike of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Awara Biokpomabo of the Rotimi Amaechi-backed African Action Congress, AAC.
Meanwhile, African Action Congress (AAC) deputy governorship candidate, Akpo Bomba Yeeh, final week, resigned from the celebration and defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He alleged the minister of transportation, Rotimi Ameachi of plotting to take away him instantly the method is accomplished and he emerged as deputy governor.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited