JUST IN: Rivers APC Appeals Struck Out for lacking in merit
The Supreme Court of Nigeria on Thursday struck out the consolidated appeals of Rivers APC and Tonye Cole for missing in benefit.
Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Mohamed in a lead judgment sustained the preliminary objection by PDP Counsel, Emmanuel Ukala (SAN).
The Acting CJN stated that: ” the Preliminary Objection is meritorious, accordingly the Appeal is incompetent and is hereby dismissed”.
Counsel to the PDP, Emmanuel Ukala ,SAN, had urged the court to strike out the appeal or dismiss it in its entirety because the reliefs sought by the APC might solely be granted on the court of appeal and never the Supreme Court.
Okala argued that the appeal by APC was filed exterior of the time offered by regulation, sustaining that the Supreme Court takes severely its guidelines on submitting of discover of appeal and non-compliance to these guidelines renders the method incompetent.
Earlier, Counsel to the APC, J.S Okutepa (SAN) urged the Supreme Court to overrule its decision on earlier judgement delivered within the consolidated appeals which held that the appeal earlier than it was a pre-election matter.
He argued that the Supreme Court might put aside its decision if it was taken opposite to constitutional provision.
Counsel to INEC, Don Umalor, stated INEC didn’t file any breif on the appeal and likes to remain impartial and non-partisan.
Ualmalor submitted that INEC leaves the matter to the decision of the court.
The Federal High court in Port Harcourt had on January 7, nullified the direct and oblique primaries performed by the 2 factions of the APC within the state.
Justice Kolawole Omotosho, who presided over the case additionally restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from presenting Tonye Cole and Magnus Abe as governorship candidates within the normal elections.
INEC executed that order an excluded the APC from the poll. The elections have been concluded with Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike duly re-elected.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on