The Ekiti State government, on Wednesday, April 22, has recorded the first death of the Covid-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus, Weetalknaija Blog reports.
A Source disclosed to Ejesgist Media on Wednesday, saying the state has one COVID-19 death.
The deceased, a pregnant 29-year-old female community health worker based in Lagos, was said to have sneaked into Ekiti in spite the lockdown order in place.
“Yes, a death has been recorded already, the third confirmed case. A pregnant woman who delivered her baby successfully, the baby is okay but she is dead,” a health worker said.
Weetalknaija Blog had earlier reported on Tuesday that a doctor working with a private clinic tested positive for the virus.
The state government said that the medical doctor was working with a private clinic before contracting the virus while treating the third index case, a 29-year old pregnant woman.
The State Commissioner for Health, Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, who disclosed on Tuesday in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, saying, one doctor tested positive, with 15 others turning out negative among the samples taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
“We have one doctor who tested positive and he is being treated at the isolation centre, but others were negative,” she said
Ejesgist Media & Weetalknaija Blog
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line