As reported by SaharaReporters, Security agents believed to be personnel of the State Security Service (SSS) have arrested Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of the news website.
An associate of Mr Sowore said the publisher cum politician was taken into custody early Saturday morning.
The statement said, “Operatives of the Department of State Services have arrested pro-democracy activist and the convener of #RevolutionNow Protests, Omoyele Sowore.
“It was gathered that Sowore was picked up at his apartment in the early hours of Saturday.
“Sowore posted a distress tweet at exactly 1:25 am with an eyewitness confirming that his phone was forcefully taken from him.
The tweet read, ” DSS invades Sowore’s”.
“He also tweeted ” Ja p”, confirming his phone must have been seized while trying to raise the alarm about his arrest.
“His arrest and detention are not unconnected to #RevolutionNow, a series of planned protests against bad governance in Nigeria scheduled for August 5, 2019.
Mr Sowore was the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) during the 2019 general elections.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom